Saturday, October 10, 2009

Snow in the Graveyard!!

Mark this day my friends...Saturday October 10, 2009...first snowfall of the year in Omaha...high today...38 degrees! Hey Al (Gore) I'm still looking for that Global Warming you keep telling us about!! Our first snowfall last year came on November 12, 2008 so we are a whole month earlier than last year. I forecast a long and cold winter!




Our snow covered graveyard in front of the house...the pumpkins don't know what to do!


We got about 4 inches but the ground is still warm so it is not going to stay around long.



Even Mr. Gouhl and Ms. Witch got snowblown...the bat is hunkering in Mr. Gouhl's lap to keep warm!!


Compare this picture with the picture of the front of the house in the previous post..same view different sight! Notice how the snow is not sticking to the ground yet! That will soon change...maybe tonight. We have a HARD FREEZE warning issued for Saturday night through Sunday afternoon.
Jon and Cheryl...hope you still want to come out in two weeks! The forecast is still calling for an Indian Summer (tempratures in the 80's) for the end of the month. We will see.


4 comments:

Shawn and Tori said...

I think it makes it look even spookier. I mean, who wants to go into a snowy graveyard?!

denos5 said...

I am so glad you mentioned an Indian Summer for the end of the month. Makes me feel better.

denos5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon and Cheryl said...

We just want fall weather. If I wanted 80 degrees I would stay in San Diego.