Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Finally-An Accurate Explanation

When someone annoys me or I disagree with someone during a discussion/argument I generally get emotional during the argument and yes, I even have been known to become angry. But as anyone who knows me well will tell you once I have gotten angry (or as I like to describe it...become passonate) I get over it and I generally get over it pretty quickly and forget about it.

Because of this it has been difficult for me to understand why those in the press, politics, and academia have not let go of Sarah Palin. At this time last year she and Senator McCain were soundly defeated in the general election. She has since resigned her governership (which, in some circles, could be considered another defeat of Mrs. Palin). So why, in the name of all that is important have these folks continued to villify, demean, attack, and ridicule Mrs Palin over the past year? You would think they would move on to attend to their liberal agenda. I have been unable to adequatly explain this behavior. Until yesterday.

Robin of Berkley, apparently a lifelong liberal who has recently denounced her liberal beliefs, provided what I think is the most insightful analysis of this behavior. In the process she also provides enlightment into the liberal mind that I have been unable to coherently describe in my attempts to articulate what really scares me about liberal thought.

I encourage you to read her analysis which can be found in the article The Wilding of Sarah Palin at the American Thinker web site.

Please comment on your opinions about her thoughts.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

2 comments:

Shawn and Tori said...

I could not agree more! Thanks for posting that- I love that article!!

Heidi Reads... said...

Wow, that was an intense article. I wish there would have been more examples cited specifically illustrating/defending her points. What a great viewpoint.